I'm a Catholic homeschooling mama of seven kids. Four are adults now, and living at various stages of life out of the house. Two of my adult daughters are getting married this year. Here's where I'll be hanging out my laundry, gaining perspective, and, down the road, have something to remember all the wooshing days.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Rambling. Roses and Thoughts.

About eight years ago, we put a trellis up in our front yard as a backdrop to some lawn and garden beds.  My mom had a climbing rose that I really liked, and she had started a cutting from it for me to put against my trellis.  The rose grew bigger each year, climbed the trellis, appeared to be thriving...except in never blossomed.  Shiny green leaves, rambling farther yearly - and not a bud for eight years.

We talked about that, several times, my Mom and I.  We wonder why the darn thing wouldn't bloom.  

A couple of weeks ago I went out to do some gardening, and something caught my attention.  

Mom's rose was covered in buds.  Dozens.  

And now this:

Ya.  
Thanks, Mom.  

All the roses are heavy with buds and starting to blossom.  Another favourite we shared was this rose, New Dawn, we both have it in our gardens. 


Last Saturday, my Dad took us all around the Cowichan Valley, to the places he rambled as a kid.  Our family history, coming to life. 
See the two brides, side by side by their Grampa? 


Koksilah River

Kinsol Trestle

Koksilah Ridge from the trestle

The maple tree at the Station

Oh ya.  And our cat is about to have kittens.
 I undestand how she feels.





No comments:

Post a Comment