I'm a Catholic homeschooling mama of seven kids. Four are adults now, and living at various stages of life out of the house. Two of my adult daughters are getting married this year. Here's where I'll be hanging out my laundry, gaining perspective, and, down the road, have something to remember all the wooshing days.

Monday, June 1, 2015

Empty Cupboard Space

Being a mama is hard.

Tomorrow, Lucy leaves to start a new phase in her life.  She will move to Ottawa, make wedding plans with her beloved.

I have discovered, with these two daughters getting married that there is a lot more empty cupboard space.  That was an unexpected byproduct.

I have given what I have to give in this stage of life, and I do not know what the next stage holds, for me to give or receive.  We packed all day.  She packed; I was merely moral support.  I made moderately helpful suggestions for packing and for her life.  It was a symbiotic relationship.  I got to mother her for the better part of the day.  She had company for all the packing.

I will miss her.

Being a mama is hard.

I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment