I'm a Catholic homeschooling mama of seven kids. Four are adults now, and living at various stages of life out of the house. Two of my adult daughters are getting married this year. Here's where I'll be hanging out my laundry, gaining perspective, and, down the road, have something to remember all the wooshing days.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Twenty Five Years Later...

This year, the same year our two daughters get married, Albert and I will celebrate our twenty-fifth wedding anniversary.  I wish I could have known something of the vows I took twenty-five years ago.  But in my youth and ignorance, I really, truly had no idea what it all meant, except one thing:

committment until the day I die.

Marriages go through periods of closeness and distance, of inability or ability to communicate, of strength and fragility.  But twenty-five years ago, I knew that, no matter what, I would be beside this man and he would be beside me today.

In my ignorance I lacked understanding of theology.  In my youth I lacked understanding of relationships.  But looking back, it didn't matter.

In "committment" inherently, we carry faith, hope and charity.  In "committment" we experience grace.  In "committment" we discover theology, without even knowing what it means.  We open the door and tiny crack for God to work in our lives - for us...through our committment - and He supplies a flood of resources to address the rest of our lives together.

My cup runneth over.

My daughters.  I do not pray that you never have problems, troubles, doubts or misunderstandings.
I pray that you have fortitude and faith.  

No comments:

Post a Comment