I'm a Catholic homeschooling mama of seven kids. Four are adults now, and living at various stages of life out of the house. Two of my adult daughters are getting married this year. Here's where I'll be hanging out my laundry, gaining perspective, and, down the road, have something to remember all the wooshing days.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

So Married

Well.  If I didn't bump into Mr. and Mrs. Baklinski, my daughter and son-in-law today at the grocery store.  Shopping.  So ordinary.  So extraordinary.  They are a family now.

Isn't that beautiful?

Sunday, Mother's Day, they opened gifts at our house, we re-watched their wedding slide show, saw some photos from their week away.

They came for coffee time, came back after Mass and stayed for dinner.  It was perfect.

Of course, I don't think every Sunday will be like that, but this was Mother's Day and I missed my mom.  I was grateful to have them gathered around.  All of my children were there - rare these days - including Mary's plus-one.    

Our plus-one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment